Fine art quality reproduction of the painting “A Walk in the Dark”
Original dimensions: 100x100cm (3.2×3.2 ft.), linen canvas, oils.
In Private Collection.
ABOUT A PAINTING
This work is a part of a large series, where each picture has a basis – my interpretation of the major arcana of tarot cards. I am talking about them through the prism of the circus of the early 20th century.
“A Walk in the Dark”, like the “Wheel of Fortune” card, is the eternal movement of life. “Everything that surrounds us every minute will change beyond recognition over time: the world around us, the situation, ourselves. However, behind this perpetual motion there are unshakable laws of fate and the Universe, which no one can change.”
The hero relies in his movement only on feelings, thoughts and memories – intuition. He is surrounded by tigers, as the personification of darkness, emotions.
One wrong step and the tiger can devour him.
His arms are outstretched, he “sees” with their help.
Palmistry in this work is a symbol of knowledge about a person, about oneself. Who you were and what you can become in life.
The designation of the “hills” on his hands is a symbol of knowledge about himself and the awareness of his actions.
The right hand reflects the past, logic (in alchemy it is the Sun and masculine strength).
The left hand reflects the future, feelings and intuition (Moon and feminine power.)
Each has a masculine and feminine principle. Understanding all your sides, your capabilities and studying yourself ultimately brings the mind into balance, which allows you to go your way without finding yourself in a pool of blind emotions.
And you will pass through the darkness, or it will consume you.
WHAT IS A COLLECTOR’S EDITION PRINT?
Collector’s edition prints are as close as possible to the original painting in terms of the visual component, although they are smaller.
Reproductions of this kind allow the owner to touch closer to the original work of art, without owning an original piece, while retaining the uniqueness thanks to high-tech printing and limited edition, as well as the manually signed author’s signature with an individual number.
• The exact dimensions of the printable area are 570 x 570 mm (57 x 57 cm) (1.8 x 1.8 ft) on a sheet of 600 x 600 mm (60 x 60 cm) (1.9 x 1.9 ft) (margins are 15 mm (1.5 cm) (0.04 ft) on each side).
• Limited edition high-precision reproductions (prints) are produced in small print batches under strict control of compliance with the requirements for print quality, paper composition, visual and tactile properties of the final product.
• All printed copies are carefully inspected to ensure that the tonal delta is more accurate than the tolerance values, so that each print from the run does not in any way differ from others in the batch in tone and color.
• Each print is printed on 305gsm opaque archival paper made from 100% cotton with a light matte texture and near perfect white (94% whiteness) (ISO 11475, D65 2 °).
The natural shade of the paper allows to achieve the correct color and tonal reproduction, preserving all the details even when the image size is highly reduced and the deep black color with a matte surface of the sheet.
• The paper contains no acids and lignin, which allows to increase the shelf life of the print and provides high moisture resistance. pH 8.5 provides a high alkaline buffer.
• The surface of the paper is treated with a protective compound that blocks UV radiation, your print will not fade in the sun and will not turn yellow.
Each print is wrapped in thin (17 gsm) tissue paper and packed in a strong cardboard tube.
Prints ship not framed.
* The density of the paper and its composition make it easy enough to even out a curled sheet, just let the print rest on a horizontal surface, it will straighten out under its own weight.